Summer Camp at Central Bucks Family YMCA Helps Youth Experience Their Best Summers Ever
Central Bucks Family YMCA offers a traditional day camp for prekindergarten through 7th grade, teen camps, half day sports and specialty camps including animation, archery, rugby, art, track, volleyball, babysitting, cooking, dance, drama, fiber arts, lacrosse, musical theater, fishing, tennis, movie making, photography, guitar, softball, swimming, jewelry making, NFL Flag Football and more. Some of the optional weekly trips include outings to Battleship New Jersey, Elmwood Park Zoo, National Constitution Center, Sky Zone, Diggerland and Academy of Natural Sciences.
“YMCA summer camp supports the social-emotional growth, cognitive development and physical well-being of kids,” says Jay DePue, camp director for camp programs in both Doylestown and Warminster. “In camp, kids are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, they’re building relationships, developing character and discovering their potential.”
DePue says there are five reasons why children and teens should attend Y summer camp:
1. ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen. Visit cbfymca.org/camp for details.
2. HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
3. PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
4. FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
5. MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
To ensure that all youth have the chance to experience camp, the Y offers financial assistance to those in need. The Y wishes to thank 2016 camp sponsors Fred Beans Family of Dealerships, Citadel/Sam Kadan and GMG for their generous support in of financial assistance for summer camp participants.
For more information, visit www.cbfymca.org/camp or contact Jay DePue at 215.348.8131, x1143.