YMCA Camps in Doylestown, Warminster begin June 19, 2017
The “best summer ever” is right around the corner and the Doylestown and Warminster Branches of Central Bucks Family YMCA are offering full day and half day camp to make sure kids and teens in Bucks County are adventurous, active and healthy this summer. YMCA camp programs offer youth fun and unique experiences with an opportunity to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.
Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore. But, for some kids summer means no access to recreational and educational activities to help them learn, grow and thrive during out-of-school time. As a result, some kids can experience learning loss and gain weight twice as fast than during the school year. Attending YMCA summer camp is a wonderful opportunity for kids to keep their minds and bodies active.
“Summer camp is an excellent way to ensure kids stay engaged socially, physically, and academically throughout the summer,” says Melissa Lollar, Camp Director at both branches . “In our camp programs, kids are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, they’re building relationships, developing character and discovering their potential. We really encourage parents to give their kids the gift of camp to keep them active and engaged all summer long.”
Lollar says there are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen. Visit cbfymca.org/camp for details.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
The Central Bucks Family YMCA offers full, half, and extended day options for three or five days per week. Programs include traditional adventure camp, sports and specialty camps, camp options for youth with special needs and teen camps. And, to ensure that all youth have the chance to experience camp, the Central Bucks Family YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need. If you’re interested in helping send kids to camp this summer, you can donate to the Y at cbfymca.org/give.
A leading nonprofit committed to nurturing the potential of youth, the Y has been a leader in providing summer camp for over 131 years. The Central Bucks Family YMCA continues to give youth an enriching, safe experience with caring staff and volunteers who model positive values that help build their kids’ character.
For more information, visit cbfymca.org/camp or contact Melissa Lollar at firstname.lastname@example.org.