So Much NEW at the Y this fall
Each year, and in response to our member survey, we strive to make the changes you want that will help make your membership at the Y the best it can be. Here's a few highlights of our newest improvements.
This cool, new pool inflatable structure is sure to be a hit with youth and teens. It will be available for Splash & Bash birthday parties and special events like Poolpalooza. Watch our special events calendar for upcoming events. Doylestown branch
Renovated Spin Room & Automated Signup Procedure
Our new spin room will feature new Stage SC Series Bikes with cutting edge technology. All of our members will have access to the same measured improvement tools the pros rely on. Bikes will also be arranged in a more comfortable layout and allow for ease of use for each participant.
We'll also be instituting a new signup procedure for Spin Classes. Reservations for bikes will be through our already existing MindBody software and allow for members to register from home or from their phone. Doylestown branch
New Interactive Spin Room with Party Lights
From party lights to moving visuals to keep you engaged and motivated, these enhancements are sure to be all the rage at the Warminster branch. The new party-like atmosphere will have you coming back for more and make you forget you're working out. Who says exercise can't be fun? Warminster
Swim Lesson Curriculum
Don't know a guppy from a pike? We've re-structured the naming our youth swim program in alignment with Y-USA to make it easier to understand how one class leads into another. Page 11 in our brochure is a great way to see how the lessons flow and make it easier to select a class from your child. Doylestown branch
Sitter Service Now Available!Sitter service has always been a staple of our Stay & Play program but now Sitter Service is available in Warminster! Drop the kids off and let them play. With Sitter Service you able to leave the branch to go shopping, run errands or do anything that you might need to do. Doylestown & Warminster branches
Used for gymnastics classes, the new Tumble Track can be used at all levels. For younger children, just jumping and bouncing is a great way to learn balance and landing on your feet. For older participants, it's provides a safe way to practice upper level skills. Find out more in gymnastics classes this fall. Doylestown branch
Fitness Center Circuit Training
Join us for a machine based circuit workout in the Fitness Center. This staff led class is for those new to exercise and seasoned fitness center users. It will help improve muscle definition, aid in weight loss as well as provide a buddy/group to workout with. Registration is available through the MindBody app. Warminster branch
Teen Sports is BACKBack again this year are our popular afterschool teen sports programs, with many offered free to members. Teen volleyball (Monday), Teen Dodgeball (Wednesday), and Teen Basketball (Friday) are free to members and for youth in grades 7-9 and 7-12. Floor hockey, babysitter training and trips are also offered at a nominal fee. Check page 21 of our brochure for full details. Doylestown branch
Ton of specialized fitness & health, one-day workshops
Warminster is offering a lot of these this fall and they are perfect for members and nonmembers alike. Many are free for members or offered at a nominal cost. Why not try one of these fun events in Warminster this session?
Line Dancing, September 8 or 15, 7:15pm
Zumba Luau & Covered Dish Dinner, September 10, 5pm
Spin 101, September 12, 5:15pm
Ballet Barre Bingo, September 21, 11:45am
Minute to Win It After Hours Party, Sept 16, 6:30pm
Rockin Glow Yoga, Oct 8, 4:30pm and Oct 13, 7:30pm
Fall Fitness Challenge
Fall is a great time to get back on track with your fitness goals. Our Fall Fitness challenge is free to members and is a great way to challenge yourself, have fun with friends & family and do it while participating in your favorite programs at the Y. Doylestown & Warminster branches
New to our Y are STEM classes for youth. These will be taught by a certified teacher who has been trained by NASTAR (National Aerospace Training and Research Center) and offered in partnership with the NASTAR center. Doylestown branches
Other FREE programs for members
It's always important to mention the free programs available to our members of all ages. Here's a full list of programs listed in the brochure from front to back =)
- Fall Fitness challenge - great prizes! See above
- Stay & Play babysitting - free to members and with new expanded hours available beginning September 5. No more afternoon closure! Read more here
- Boo Bash, October 27 - This annual Halloween event is free and open to the community. Aimed at children under 12 and their parents, it's a great way to take that costume for a dry-run!
- Swim Evaluations - Not sure what swim level you or your child should register for? Swim evaluations are always free and are a great way to speak directly with an experienced instructor or our director of aquatics. Contact Ashley for details at email@example.com.
- Aquatics Group Exercise classes - If you are in the aquatics center when some free aquatics group exercise classes are happening, you might think that an impromptu pool party broke out. But, it our super-fun group exercise classes...in the water! Details on page 15 here.
- Masters Swim - It's like swim team...but for adults. And it's completely free to members. Rest assured that there are different lanes based on ability and everyone in the group is friendly. Interested? Contact Tim Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.Skatepark - For some older youth and teens, a membership at the Y need only include the Skatepark. It's free for members and a great place for youth to work on skills and hang with their friends.
- First Karate Class - You can try a karate class during the first week of the session, free of charge. Then, if your child likes the program, you can join for the remainder of the session! Contact Jenn for details at email@example.com.
- Free Youth and Family classes - There are so many programs provided free to youth and families including Y Play, Jump Run Tumble Fun, Family Yoga, Gaga, Dance party, Fit kids and more. Get details and register here.
- Arts & enrichment classes - Okay, some of these are not technically free. We charge $5 to cover the cost of supplies but it's well worth gathering change from your soft cushions and sending your kids. Check them out here.
- YMCA Community Impact Programs - As a community nonprofit, we provide many programs free of charge to special populations in our area. If you are a Veteran, over age 65, a 7th grader, a cancer survivor, or a teen girls, we encourage you to look into our impact programs. They are provided free of charge and offer a great opportunity to make a change in your life and make friends for a lifetime. Details on page 22 of our Doylestown brochure here.
- Programs and workshop for Active Older Adults including Technology workshops, Games Club, meditation workshop and a fall picnic. See page 30 for details.
Color Run, October 14 - Again...not free. But at $10 for individuals and $25 for a family, it's a super-fun way to spending time together as a fam on the grounds of the Y. Get details here as the dates gets closer.