Camp at the Y
IMPACT FOR LIFE
IT'S MORE THAN JUST CAMP
At the Y, we have a strong tradition of being more than just a day camp, we are leaving a legacy of building a better community.
- Campers donated over 500 pounds of food
- At the Y, we have a strong tradition of being more than just a day camp, we are leaving a legacy of building a better community.
- Teen Leaders Camp performed over 400 hours of community service.
- Campers logged over 1800 miles of activity during Operation Final Mile in 2013. Operation Final Mile helps youth choose an active, healthy lifestyle and fight childhood obesity.
- 10 skate competitions were held in the summer of 2013.
- 85 teens participated in the CIT program in 2013.
- The average camp staff has been with the Y for over 5 years.
- 33% of the camp staff were campers, then CITs before becoming staff.
- Over 1000 friendships were made in 2013
- Over 500 core value cards were handed out over in 2013.
- Over 1000 pictures were posted to the Camp's Facebook group page in 2013.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To ensure camper's safety, Daily sign in, sign out procedures are required.
- Emergency and first aid treatment and transportation on site.
- Aquatic staff have completed certified lifeguard training and/or instructor certification, First Aid and CPR.
- Full-time Staff and counselors hold Red Cross First Aid/CPR Certification.
- All staff trained in Child Abuse Prevention, Blood borne Pathogens and Risk Management.
- Certified by Bucks County Health Department.