About Our Camp Name
One of the most important things we offer our campers is the opportunity to develop friendships. Not only do our campers make lifelong friends, but so do the parents and even our staff. The word Takoda \t(a)-ko-da\ is of Sioux origin; it means “friend to everyone.” We hope that Camp Takoda is your place “Where Friends and Memories are Made.”
About Our Camp
Central Bucks Family YMCA is committed to providing a safe and fun camping experience for all children. A diverse menu of day, sports, preschool and specialty camping experiences is planned for children ages 2 to 15 yrs. Great care is taken to recruit staff with enthusiasm, personal warmth, camping skills and commitment to YMCA Character Development. Our camp activities are designed to enrich each child's physical, mental and spiritual growth through planned, organized, creative activities. Camp programs run from 9 AM to 4 PM. Early Camp begins at 7:30 AM and Late Camp runs until 6 PM. Financial Assistance is available.
Health & Safety
- To ensure camper’s safety, Daily sign in, sign out procedures are required.
- Emergency and first aid treatment and transportation on site.
- Aquatic staff have completed certified lifeguard training and/or instructor certification, First Aid and CPR.
- Full-time Staff and counselors hold Red Cross First Aid/CPR Certification.
- All staff trained in Child Abuse Prevention, Blood borne Pathogens and Risk Management.
- Certified by Bucks County Health Department.